Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday (time two!)

WOW is hosted by Breaking the Spine


Book: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Release date: August 24th, 2010
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.

Book: The Replacement
Author: Brenna Yovanoff
Release date: September 21st, 2010
Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.

Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

Edward Scissorhands meets The Catcher in the Rye in this wildly imaginative and frighteningly beautiful horror novel about an unusual boy and his search for a place to belong.

I'm so excited for Mockingjay, I'd had my copy pre-ordered for months before I even read my copy of Catching Fire (which yes, I finally read back in April). Can't wait to see what happens next!

The Replacement sounds so different, I'm definitely curious about it!


Lea

10 comments:

  1. Yes! I am so excited for Mockingjay as well. I pre-ordered it, too. I hope it's a great ending to an amazing trilogy. Good pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for Mockingjay too and just started the Replacement - hope it's as good as I'm anticipating!

    ~Alyssa
    Teens Read and Write

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally could not agree more about Mockingjay. This may be the most excited I've ever been about a book!

    Loving the sound of The Replacement too. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both look so interesting!! i haven't even read hunger games yet even though i have it already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. same here i love the look of both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. August 24th is getting closer and closer...I can't wait until Mockingjay is actually in my hands :)

    The Replacement is on my TBR stack, I'm hoping to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I think The Replacement cover is awesomely creepy... and I love the description of Edward Scissorhands meets The Catcher in the Rye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great picks! I can't wait for Mockingjay, and I really enjoyed The Replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking forward to reading both of those as well. Especially Mockingjay because seriously who doesn’t love The Hunger Games trilogy? :)

    ReplyDelete