Tuesday, July 27, 2010

She's So Dead To Us by Kieran Scott

Release date: May 25th, 2010
Source: Bought
My Summary:
Ally Ryan used to have it all, until her father's financial investment went downhill...along with all the money he invested using money from family friends. The Ryan's had to pack up and leave, and the life Ally knew was gone for good. Until Ally and her mom land back in Orchard Hill long after Ally's dad vanishes without a word. Ally's mom has secured a new job in the city they swore to never go back to, and a decent living space. Too bad Ally's old friends aren't too happy to see her. The only one that seems to make the slightest effort is Jake Graydon, the newest addition to Ally's old circle of friends. Drama and scandal ensue as the unlikely pair grow closer, and old grudges are brought even closer to the surface...
Review: Addictive, scandalous, and all-over exciting, She's So Dead To Us has got me wishing the sequel was already out.

Every page of this book had me hooked, which is definitely one of Scott's specialties. The narrative alternates between Ally and Jake, giving an intimate insight on both characters. Its easy to automatically sympathized with Ally, especially when her old friends decide that they are done with her. Even with Jake, there were moments when he follows the crowd, and I wanted to hate him…really, I did want to. But I couldn’t. He’s a flawed guy, but he has some redeeming qualities (just like Ally). The supporting characters were all dynamic as well, although I would have loved to see more of Annie and David (and perhaps I will in the sequel!).

Highlights: Scott is a master at keeping the pages turning. It's always difficult to put any of her books down. Plus, the ending (hello, cliffhanger) has got me intrigued for the sequel, He's So Not Worth It. SSDTU is a guilty pleasure, much like Scott's books under her pen name, Kate Brian (The Private Series). 

Lowlights: It was simple enough to tell at some points what was going to happen, but I didn't ever really see anything wrong with that. I still had fun reading, and still found myself surprised at a few other points. 

Rating:   


Lea

9 comments:

  1. sometimes a little know what's going to happen can be a good thing! :-P
    this sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This soundws good. I saw this book the other day, I will put on my TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title and cover of this book, and it sounds like an awesome read. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to go out and get this one!! One more book in my TBR pile!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds like a good one and I don't mind being able to figure out what's going to happen later on in the book, in fact, sometimes I prefer it. There's only so much suspense my heart can take, after all. =)

    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, and I agree, predictable isn't always a bad thing!


    ~Alyssa
    Teens Read and Write

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! This book sounds surprisingly good!

    ReplyDelete