Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Waiting On Wednesday (3)



Waiting on Wednesday is brought to us by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

Ice by Sarah Beth Durst

Release date: October 6th, 2009

Amazon description: When Cassie was a little girl, her grandmother told her a fairy tale about her mother, who made a deal with the Polar Bear King and was swept away to ends of the earth. Now that Cassie is older, she knows the story was a nice way of saying her mother had died. Cassie lives with her father at an Arctic research station, is determined to become a scientist, and has no time for make-believe.

Then, on her eighteenth birthday, Cassie comes face-to-face with a polar bear who speaks to her. He tells her that her mother is alive, imprisoned at the ends of the earth. And he can bring her back--if Cassie will agee to be his bride.

That is the begging of Cassie's own real-life fairy tale, one that sends her on an unbelievable journey across the brutal Arctic, through the Canadian boreal forest, and on the back of the North Wind to the land east of the sun and west of the moon. Before it is over, the world she knows will be swept away, and everything she holds dear will be taken from her--until she discovers the true meaning of love and family in the magical realm of Ice.

Umm, awesome? Yes. It is. The cover is gorgeous too...I can't wait for this book!



-YABQ








8 comments:

  1. Yes, great cover. I've seen this one around a lot lately. Hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cover is lovely, and the premise for the book sounds really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the cover, but I'm a little unsure about the book itself. I've heard that it is a retelling... I'll check it out though, I'm just unsure about it for some reason... :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting setting - the arctic. looks like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this on my TBR list too, it sounds really good =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually won a copy of this and have been meaning to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually just found this book yesterday. It sounds really good and I love the cover too. Added it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES!
    I am waiting on this, too. Even though October 6th has passed, it somehow hasn't yet made it here. :-(

    ReplyDelete