Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (times two!) (90)

WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine

The Book of Broken Hearts by Sarah Ockler
May 21st, 2013 
Simon Pulse

I have no idea what this book is about, but it's written by Sarah Ockler. Therefore, it is a must-read. 

Altered by Jennifer Rush
January 2nd, 2013 
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
When you can’t trust yourself, who can you believe?

"Everything about Anna’s life is a secret. Her father works for the Branch at the helm of its latest project: monitoring and administering treatments to the four genetically altered boys in the lab below their farmhouse. There’s Nick, Cas, Trev . . . and Sam, who’s stolen Anna’s heart. When the Branch decides it’s time to take the boys, Sam stages an escape, killing the agents sent to retrieve them. 

Anna is torn between following Sam or staying behind in the safety of her everyday life. But her father pushes her to flee, making Sam promise to keep her away from the Branch, at all costs. There’s just one problem. Sam and the boys don’t remember anything before living in the lab—not even their true identities.

Now on the run, Anna soon discovers that she and Sam are connected in more ways than either of them expected. And if they’re both going to survive, they must piece together the clues of their past before the Branch catches up to them and steals it all away."
This cover is a huge improvement: Love the branch effect and the disconnected font, and the shirtless guy doesn't hurt...however, I'm still not 100% sold on this cover. Maybe it's the partial-face that bugs me, it always looks weird on covers. But, I'm excited for the story inside!

What are you waiting on?

Signature

12 comments:

  1. I agree! The new cover from Altered is amazing and so much better than the first cover! love the branches too! Cannot wait to read it either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Altered sounds good and I love the cover to Ockler's new book! Great picks, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first cover. It's soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want altered. want
    hope you get them soon


    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover for Ockler's book-I still need to catch up on her books but I really want to read this new one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read Altered! It looks SO good! Wonderful picks! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a new Sarah Ockler book! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Altered looks AMAZING!!!! I'm super excited to read it as well!!! I love that cover. Great picks!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, Altered seems like a great read! Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the cover for the Book of Broken Hearts - it's perfect. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG--LOVE Sarah Ockler! I didn't know she had a new book coming out. Wishlisting it right this very second.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with you - The Book of Broken Hearts looks really good, even though I have no idea what it's about! Ah, the power of a gorgeous cover. No wonder publishing houses have art departments. :-D

    ReplyDelete