Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (87)

WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Spring 2013 from Scholastic Print
"A music-obsessed, slightly snarky New York City girl, Lexi is on her own. After making a huge mistake—and facing a terrible tragedy— Lexi has no choice but to track down her long-absent mother. Rumor has it that Lexi’s mom is somewhere in Florida with a traveling circus.

When Lexi arrives at her new, three-ring reality, her mom isn’t there…but her destiny might be. Surrounded by tigers, elephants, and trapeze artists, Lexi finds some surprising friends and an even more surprising chance at true love. She even lucks into a spot as the circus’s fortune teller, reading tarot cards and making predictions.

But then Lexi’s ex-best friend from home shows up, and suddenly it’s Lexi’s own future that’s thrown into question…

With humor, wisdom, and a dazzlingly fresh voice, this debut reminds us of the magic of circus tents, city lights, first kisses, last heartaches, and the importance of an excellent playlist."
I am in all kinds of love with this summary and this cover (excluding the font). I have very high hopes for this book :)

What are you waiting on this week?

Signature

13 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this before but it sounds good. I'm not a fan of the circus but it would be interesting to read what circus life is like in modern times (I've read Water for Elephants which is set in the early 20th century).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound really good. I first fell in love with circus girls thanks to Enid Blyton's sassy character Carlotta, a girl sent to an English boarding school who is utterly fearless and as the gymnastics teacher soon discovers, able to outshine all the girls climbing up ropes, etc. There's something magical about the circus even if I don't believe in the keeping of wild animals...even a normal circus has that ethereal quality that Morgenstern's book The Night Circus had...and then there's Water for Elephants. Nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, that cover is awesome - and it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! Particularly the part about the playlist. Great WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything circusy always gets me. I'm fascinated by that life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting. I hadn't heard of this one til now but I am intrigued. Great pick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover is gorgeous, especially the colors. I hadn't heard of this until now, but it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it'd be a lot of fun to be a fortune teller at a circus. But the thing that most intrigues me is the ex-best friend. I want to know more about him/her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This books sounds *amazing*. Makes me feel nostalgic for some reason.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Neat! This really sounds unlike anything I've ever read. And the cover is gorgeous! I'll be adding this to my tbr for sure - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fantastic! Adding it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sound of this one! Just added it on Goodreads :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh, pretty cover :D Seems like an awesome book ;) Great pick. :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete