Thursday, August 30, 2012

COVERS: Chantress, Criminal, and Vengeance

One of the first things I notice about a book is it's cover, so I very much enjoy cover-hunting on Goodreads to see if I can find any covers that are new to me. These are a few of the ones I've come across:

         BLAZE                                 THE DIFFERENT GIRL
Awesome pink hair on the left. TDG cover is so odd...I don't really like it, but it does make me wonder about the story. 

 CHANTRESS                                  CRIMINAL
The Chantress cover reminds me of The Faerie Ring, but that's not a bad thing. I quite like the cover, especially the tagline and expressive font. And I love how there's a bullet shooting through the title on Criminal - it's dark, clean, and fascinating. 

            LEGEND                           VENGEANCE BOUND
 
The spray-painted effect change for Legend's cover looks great (and I'm glad they didn't change it too much). I love the sound of Vengeance Bound, but I wish the cover was a bit stronger. 

                  TIDES                          CHOSEN AT NIGHTFALL
I really like the cover for Tides, and how the two seem to reflect one another. And of course, I adore the lighting for Chosen at Nightfall.

Have you spotted any interesting covers?

Signature

8 comments:

  1. FAB I love the Tides cover. You never see seals on covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, isn't it? I never thought I'd see a seal on a YA cover, but it works.

      Delete
  2. What a bunch of gorgeous covers! I especially like the one for Tides, although Criminal is subtly intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! The more I look at Criminal, the more curious I become about that book.

      Delete
  3. I love to cover-hunt too! The bad thing about cover hunting is that I add way too many books on my wishlist. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for another cover-hunter! It is just too fun to resist, even if it makes our wishlists insanely long ;)

      Delete
  4. LOVE some of these covers Lea! I think Chantress is my favorite, the hot pink just leaps off the screen at me. I love the simplicity of Criminal too, those two have me wishing I could run to the bookstore immediately and pick them up:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hot pink is definitely eye-catching, and agreed about Criminal. If only they would release earlier than May - that's too long to wait!

      Delete