Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (72)

WOW is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Shadow and Bone
Leigh Bardugo
June 5th, 2012
Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee. 

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling. 

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart.
The moment I saw the map on Leigh's blog, I knew I was sold.
I love maps in books, and I adore the cover for S&B, too. Fortunately, the summary for this book also sounds very intriguing!

What are you waiting on?

Signature

Cover + Summary from Goodreads 
Map from Leigh Bardugo's Blog

14 comments:

  1. Oh yeah I saw this book around and really liked the sound of it! And yes I always love seeing maps and such additions:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the cover and the sound of this one !! I'm definitely reading this if there's a map :) !! Great pick Lea !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been seeing this book around a lot :) Great choice!
    - Jenni (My WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious about this one too. I can't remember if it is this book or another with a similar title that has been compared to Daughter of Smoke and Bone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my most anticipated books this year, for sure. The concept is amazing and the cover is to-die.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HELL YES! She's going to be there during the Fierce Reads tour and I am SO STOKED! I have an ARC of this and I just can't wait to start it!!! Great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a total map person too. Other bloggers have raved about this book so I'm looking forward to it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one has been getting a lot of gushing out there! I love the cover. Here's my Waiting on Weds this week! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. im a big fan of maps in books. i like to know the geography of the land and such. looks like a good read too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep on seeing this book around the blogosphere. The summary sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is on my "waiting list" too, and I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't tell you how tempted I am to read this book now that I have it. But I'm doing my best to wait. :D

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got an ARC of this one, and I totally can't wait to read it!!! Great choice :))

    ReplyDelete