Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Top Ten Favorite YA Book Covers

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

1.  Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo - I'm loving this cover. I'm loving the map, too. Makes me even more excited for the release!

2.   The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Not YA, but I'll let it slide because of the coolness of that cover. 

3.  The Dust of 100 Dogs by AS King - I love the simplicity. Has anyone read it? Is it good?

4.  Matched by Ally Condie - It. Is. So. Beautifully. Beautiful. And symbolic. I would totally put a poster of this cover on my wall. 

5.  Through to You by Emily Hainsworth - Eerie, lovely colors, nice fading font. Definitely poster-worthy. 

6.  Ice & Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst - I figured this could be a two for one since they're both written by the same author. And aren't they both gorgeous and striking? Absolutely stunning. 

7.  The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens - I think I have a soft spot for illustrated covers. This is not YA (again), but regardless, it looks so fun, adventurous, and kind of fairytale-like. I love it when covers tell a story :)

8.  So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev - I still haven't caught up with these books, but the covers are all just lovely and fantastical. 

9.  Ten by Gretchen McNeil - I usually hate big in-your-face font, but this cover totally works. Super creepy vibe. I totally wouldn't want to go to that island. 

10.  The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen - I know, I know. It's your typical "girl in a pretty dress" cover, but these dresses are really pretty. Although, they're probably a nightmare to walk around in ;)

11. The Opposite of Hallelujah by Anna Jarzab - I couldn't resist not sneaking this in. The dark, muted shades make it so haunting. I usually dislike up-close covers, but I love this one. 

So hard to narrow it down, I love too many covers.

What's your favorite YA book cover?

Signature

Images from Goodreads

16 comments:

  1. I love the Shadow and Bone cover! It's so intriguing. Wonderful list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the diversity of the covers you picked! There were so many dead girls in dresses the last couple of years, I really appreciated any cover that varied from that trope (not that I'm against a pretty dress but mostly, it didn't fit the character at all!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. The Luxe series have always been among my favs with those gorgeous dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this list! I love the Ten cover - it's so spooky - and the Through to You cover is one that definitely attracts me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the covers you chose and they way you laid them out on the page. Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I'm crazy about that Vessel cover. It's so fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You MUST read Mantchev's series ASAP its it delightful. And I love Through to You, could pick, and The Night Circus made my TTT too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the first 3, I'm such a huge fan of illustrated covers and all of those are beautiful. I've heard the Dust of 100 Dogs has some violent scenes in it with animal abuse and what not, and seeing as I can deal with people dying much more easily than I can animals in books and movies, I've stayed away from it. Truly amazing cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love So Silver Bright! That’s a cover that really makes me want to just run out and buy the book without even reading anything about it. I also agree with you about Matched, the cover is so very symbolic but it is also really pretty too!

    Darlene @ Leather Bound and Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover of the Night Circus too : it looks gorgeous !! I really can't wait to have a copy and read it .. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely covers! I have a couple of these on my own :) Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/top-ten-tuesday-8/

    ReplyDelete
  12. yooooooo. it has been a while hasn't it. I have missed stopping over. You have some gorgeous picks here, seriously.

    The vessel cover is just, wow. TOOH cover is cool too. Seen another version which i prob prefer though. Great picks missy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhhhh! Re the Through to You cover: sometimes I really wish they made posters of book covers because some (like that one and Matched) are so gorgeous.

    my list: wishlist covers

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this list! All the covers are so evocative and intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look great and I especially love the cover for Vessel, Shadow and Bone and The Night Circus. One of my favourite covers ever would have to be the cover for Hush, Hush.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such pretty covers!! I love The Night Circus and Shadow and Bone!! (That map *is* FANTASTIC and I hear the book itself is just as awesome. YAY!) And I'm totally with you on the illustrated covers. I'm so partial to them, it's almost unfair to covers that have photos on them. But I just love the look of them. There's something...old-fashioned about them that I find really appealing. Plus, I feel like they give me a better opportunity to imagine what things look like myself.
    Great list!! :-)

    ReplyDelete