Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (71)

WOW is hosted by Breaking the Spine
Keeper of the Lost Cities
Shannon Messenger
October 2nd, 2012
Twelve-year-old Sophie Foster has a secret. She's a Telepath--someone who hears the thoughts of everyone around her. It's a talent she's never known how to explain. 

Everything changes the day she meets Fitz, a mysterious boy who appears out of nowhere and also reads minds. She discovers there's a place she does belong, and that staying with her family will place her in grave danger. In the blink of an eye, Sophie is forced to leave behind everything and start a new life in a place that is vastly different from anything she has ever known. 

Sophie has new rules to learn and new skills to master, and not everyone is thrilled that she has come “home.” There are secrets buried deep in Sophie's memory—secrets about who she really is and why she was hidden among humans—that other people desperately want. Would even kill for. 
I've been reading Shannon Messenger's blog for a long time now, so I'm very curious about her debut! It sounds like it'll be such a great story - and how awesome is that cover?

What are you waiting on? 
 
Signature

Image & Summary from Goodreads

15 comments:

  1. I really like the cover on this book. Sounds very very interesting!

    http://jrafterdark.blogspot.com/2012/03/wow-something-like-normal-by-trish.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I reall have to read more MG books and this series sounds amazing :) !! Great pick Lea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is brilliant! It sounds really interesting and I'm definitely going to check it out at some point :)
    - Jenni (My WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so excited for this one! It sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my nephews are going to enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice cover and choice.
    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one was my WoW last week - I can't wait to see what this story holds. Great pick!

    If you’d like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the cover, this one has such an intriguing summary that I need to give it a try! Great pick! :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a long-time reader of Shannon's blog, too, so it's completely cool to see her move from writer to author! Plus, this books sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying to break myself out of the habit of ignoring MG books (I just recently read and loved The Star Shard by Frederic S. Durbin), so I think I might try my luck with this one at some point.

    Asher

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love MG books as I have a 12 yr old that reads a lot. I let him read any of my YA books he has an interest in and that are appropriate for him. Thankfully I read a lot of "boy" books. This one looks great! I can't wait to read your review of it. You don't see a lot of paranormal in MG.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete