Monday, November 30, 2009

Wicked: Resurrection by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie

Book: Resurrection (Wicked #5)
Authors: Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguie
Source: Author
Summary:
What the Cahors witches thought was the end of their troubles was only the beginning. A threat more powerful and more frightening than anything they have faced has been watching and waiting. The Cahors witches must come together and find Jer and Eli as both the Deveraux and the Cahors family lines face eradication.

All the secrets of the Cahors will be revealed, forcing them to overcome their greatest weaknesses in order to achieve their most powerful strengths. And only united do they have any chance at victory. Before the end, sacrifices will be made, alliances forged, and old friends lost forever.
Review: Resurrection is the fifth novel in the Wicked series.

Resurrection was a satisfying ending to the Wicked series. At the end of the last novel Spellbound, I was left breathless, and shocked, at the cliffhanger. So I was even more surprised when the cliffhanger wasn't even acknowledged until about 90 pages in, and even then, the same character was still the only one with that knowledge.

More surprises fill the pages, as well as prophecies regarding the Cather's girls that seem to be eerily true. It's difficult for me to talk about one of my favorite eerie parts, without making this a spoiler filled review, but one of the newest characters was definitely creepy.

The characters were fun to read about still, and I found many of them more likable. I really enjoyed Amanda's discoveries in the novel, regarding Merlin's prophecies. Richard completely kicks butt in this book, as usual, and even gets a little something back to help him get over the past. I was surprised to find myself favoring Amanda over Nicole, because Nicole was my favorite character in the past books.

It was nice to see the characters all finally deal with issues they've avoided and ran away from.

Highlights: I was just continually shocked as the pages turned. It seemed like there was so much to the story that had never really been revealed. It seemed like this novel was easier to read, maybe because I finally got used to all the POV changes.

Lowlights: The ending fight scene was a little disappointing at how quickly and easily it ended. I also disliked how many times characters seemed to die (and some would be resurrected). It was also a bit odd how many of the characters were reincarnations of ancestors. I also felt like a few things about some characters were not clearly wrapped up.

Rating:   







As a whole, Resurrection was one of the easiest to understand. My favorite still remains to be Spellbound, but Resurrection was a good follow up and a great ending to an interesting series. 


-Lea

5 comments:

  1. I read the first one, and I didn't love it. I've been thinking about giving the others a try, but now I'm thinking maybe they're not for me. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this series. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the covers in this series but haven't started it because I didn't care for Possessions. I may give this a try now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these books around, but never picked them up. Next time I'll read a couple chapters in the store to see if it's my type of book!

    ReplyDelete