Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Liar by Justine Larbalestier

Book: Liar
From: Won (the ARC version)
Summary (from the ARC version):
We dare you to trust her.
Micah will freely admit that she's a compulsive liar, but that may be the one honest thing she'll ever tell you. Over the years she's duped her classmates, her teachers, and even her parents, and she's always managed to stay one step ahead of her lies. That is, until her boyfriend dies under brutal circumstances and her dishonestly begins to catch up with her. But is it possible to tell the truth when lying comes as naturally as breathing? Taking readers deep into the psyche of a young woman who will say just about anything to convince them--and herself--that she's finally come clean, Liar is a bone-chilling thriller that will have readers see-sawing between truths and lies right up to the end. Honestly.
Review: What can I even say? Well, not much, because I respect Justine's wishes to keep the twists and turns under wraps.

Micah is definitely an interesting protagonist (or is she an antagonist?). With every page, you think you've got her all figured out, until you turn the page again, and realize that you really don't. She promises to come clean, and tell you the truth, but is she really? At the end, was the entire story just one big lie? Micah keeps you hooked, with every page, as you work with her to figure out the truths wrapped in her lies.

Highlights: This novel is different, and unlike any I've ever read. At the end, it left me curious about everything.

Lowlights: The major twist. It was too unreal for me, and I just couldn't believe it.

Rating:   







-Lea

5 comments:

  1. The major twist was a little weird but having read this book, who knows if Micah was just pulling us further along with that one. I can't really say much either because I don't want to give anything away.

    This was definitely an awesome book. So much fun to read.

    You really have to pay close attention to detail with Liar because Micha's not as good as she thinks she is. Gah! I've already said too much lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this book it sounds good.

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this right now! So I'm so glad you liked it. Everyone seems to like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had heard about the controversies regarding the book cover, and wanted to to read it then.After sometime, I forgot !

    But now, will think of reading it sometime.
    Good to know you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to read this and know what the twist is that everyone is talking about!

    ReplyDelete