Monday, November 9, 2009

Suspicion (A Private Novel) by Kate Brian Review

Book: Suspicion (A Private Novel #10)
Author: Kate Brian
From: Bought
Summary:
Forbidden fruit...

Reed, Noelle, and former Billings Girls Kiran and Taylor have been living it up on St. Barths over winter break. The tropical sun has melted away all the tensions of last semester, and for the first time in months, Reed is happy. She's got her best friends by her side, she has a palatial suite with an ocean view, and she's landed Upton, the most sought-after guy on the island.

Reed is falling in love.

But dating Upton makes Reed St. Barths' highest-profile guest--and not in a good way. Upton has a dark past, and he's broken a lot of hearts. One of his exes still wants him. And she'll do whatever it takes to get Reed out of the picture.
Review: In the tenth novel of the Private series, you can't help but to feel very sympathetic to poor Reed. Who isn't out to get her these days?

After a wild New Year's bash thrown in honor of Sawyer's life saving abilities, Reed has some after party plans with Upton Giles. He leaves early to get everything prepared, and sends a chartered boat to take Reed back to the island. Except, all goes wrong, and Reed ends up in the middle of a kidnapping plot, and stranded on a deserted island.

Kate Brian's addictive writing keeps the pages turning, and the suspense rolling. Compared to Paradise Lost, this is a step up in the right direction and Brian leaves you hanging yet again with quite an interesting cliffhanger regarding the Billings Girls'. I definitely cannot wait for Scandal, to see how the plot develops...

Highlights: Description (Brian always has me feeling like I'm there), the writing, the mystery. Figuring out the villain was, as always, the best part. I also loved how protective Noelle became over Reed, keeping an eye on her.

Lowlights: Seeing as this is the tenth novel, I'm getting a little annoyed with Reed, and how she's always snagging a guy and a crazy ex-girlfriend. The plot feels overdone. Yet, I love the writing, and unlike with other series I given up, I can't quite leave the Private series alone. Curiosity always draws me in, as well as the writing.

Rating: 4 out of 5



-Lea

4 comments:

  1. Nice review, but I never really liked the private series.

    http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series. My favorite one so far was Paradise Lost. I needed a short break from Billings but I'm happy to return with Scandal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just happened to see this one in the book store. Hadn't heard of the series. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy this series too, as well as Privilege. I've only read the first 4 in Private though.
    :]

    ReplyDelete