Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (Times Two!)

WOW is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby
Release: May 3rd, 2011
"I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both."  

Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love- a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.  

While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing- not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death- stays buried forever.
I am so glad this comes out next week, because I have been dying to read this one! The review's I've seen have been amazing - and I love the cover :)


Liesl & Po by Lauren Oliver
Release: October 1st, 2011
We meet Liesl the night after the day her young father has died. That same day she is visited by a ghost, Po, an eight year old boy who lives on the other side, the territory between life and death that runs parallel to the living world. Po has come to tell her that her father is stuck on the other side, and that she is the only one who can help him cross over. A couple of wooden boxes. Some ashes. Some magic dust. A ghost, its pet, and a boy who forgot to wear a hat in the cold. From these seemingly odd, random characters Oliver weaves the enchanting story of how, with the aid of Liesl, these elements come together over the course of one week to restore love and luster to a world gone grey and heartless.

I am absolutely and positively waiting on this book because (A) It's written by Lauren Oliver and (B) Lauren Oliver can do no wrong when it comes to writing books (in my opinion - I adore her writing style). It's bound to be fantastically amazing (and how cute is that cover?).

What are you waiting on this week?


21 comments:

  1. I am dying to read Moonglass. Great pick! I love books set by the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love waiting on Wednesday! :D
    I always come across so many books that I want to read!
    These both look great!
    Jules

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moonglass sounds SO good. I have been dying to read that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo, I haven't heard of Liesl and Po, but it looks interesting! Moonglass has such a pretty cover :)

    Great picks, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books sound really good. I especially like Liesl and Po's story and cover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna brag and say that I got Liesl and Po two weeks ago! It looks so cute...can't wait to read. Great picks!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I'm totally excited for Liesl and Po, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moonglass is absolutely AMAZING!! I was lucky enough to review it for a book tour! You can check out my review :)

    <3 Happy Reading!
    Patricia @ Patricia's Particularity

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its my first time seeing the cover for the new Lauren Oliver book and now I'm excited for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! LOVE Lauren Oliver and I've heard awesome things about Moonglass. Lol, I guess great minds think alike, since we both used the (a) and (b) format in our WoWs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that one by Lauren Oliver sounds like a MG book
    cool choices

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I've chosen Moonglass before so I know all about the excitement too :D AND WHOA another Lauren Oliver book? Oooooh, peaks my interest! Anything by Lauren Oliver I will definiteeeely try. I'm not a fan of the cover but ohmygosh her writing I would die for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Liesl & Po! I love how it reminds me of The Book Thief and Graceling =D Awesome picks, the Moonglass cover is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both look really good! I've been seeing Moonglass pop up quite a bit lately, and I didn't even know Lauren Oliver had a new book coming out. I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh! What fantastic sounding books!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love the sound of Moonglass, and the cover is hypnotic! Fab picks, Lea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree with both of your picks! I LOVED Moonglass and can't wait to read Lauren's MG debut :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great picks! Haven't heard of the new Lauren Oliver so thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am shocked that I didn't know about Lauren Oliver's book! Adding it to my To read list. Thanks for posting about it. Moonglass is really good too!

    ReplyDelete