Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Top Ten Books I'd Like To See Made Into A Movie

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Books I'd Like To See Made Into A Movie

 
1.  Across the Universe by Beth Revis - A murder mystery set in a spaceship! Totally movie material.

2.  The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - Thrilling, surprising, and intriguing....it would be great.

 
3.  Graceling by Kristin Cashore - Wouldn't this make a fascinating movie? Action, adventure, romance, mystery, tough heroine...it's perfect!

4.  Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta - Yet another story I'd love to see come to life. Such great characters in this one!

 
5.  Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard - A fantastic travel story. I'd love to see all the different foreign locations in this one on a movie screen!

6.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkisn - Awesome, fun, and Paris :)

7.  Rampant by Diana Peterfreund - Killer unicorns. Enough said.

8.  Divergent by Veronica Roth - Yes, I chose this partially because of Four. Plus, exciting book = exciting movie (well, usually).

9.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - Yet again with the foreign countries and magical places that I love to see come to life. Especially Brimstone's shop!

10.  The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - The circus! This one could actually be pretty good as a film.

What book do you want to see as a movie? 


Signature

Images from Goodreads
TTT image from Broke and Bookish

13 comments:

  1. I love your picks! Especially Anna and the French Kiss--I'm dying to see that one made into a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracling, yes! I don't know how I missed it. Great list, although I am not convinced that killer unicorns will transfer well to the big screen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! I'd like to see so many of those made into a movie as well! I think Divergent would be brilliant, and I think Daughter of Smoke and Bone could be stunning with the special effects:) And of course I'd love to see Noah on the big screen! *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! We share two books on our lists. Here's mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/01/top-ten-tuesdays-14/

    ReplyDelete
  5. um yeah your list is so so awesome. Graceling and THe Night Circus could be great, but I NEED Divergent. Happy Insurgent day :)

    marissa
    http://raegunwear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen on 1!

    I'm listening to Night Circus now actually ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree that Mara Dyer would be a great movie!! I think Anna and the French Kiss would be fabulous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some great picks, I finished Mara Dyer tonight so I agree with you on that one, also Divergent and Anna & The French Kiss would be brilliant. I always wanted something to be done with the House Of Night series even though I gave up after 6 books. I would probably pick one of the numerous books I have read set in a boarding school though as I love all that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anna and Divergent made my list too! From what I've heard about The Night Circus, it would make an absolutely fantastic movie too!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had Divergent, Anna, and Graceling on my list as well. I completely forgot about Across the Universe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Divergent was optioned for film before it was even published so I'm hopeful it will be made into a movie especially after the popularity of The Hunger Games. Across the Universe would make a creepy and interesting movie and I think Graceling would also translate well to film. Anna and the French Kiss would be a fantastic romcom. Not so sure about Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I think it would be a challenge to make it and don't think a film would be able to do it justice. However many people were proved wrong when they had the same thoughts about The Lord of the Rings...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Lea...you're going to kill me, but I have a confession to make. I haven't read a SINGLE one of the books you just listed. But I own seven of them. Does that count? Lol. All of them are high on my to-read list, but you now how it is...they publish 'em faster than I can read 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna and Divergent would make amazing movies =) !! I'd love to see who they coukd possibly cast for Etienne and Four :) !!

    ReplyDelete