Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Slide
Slide by Jill Hathaway
Release: March 2012
Summary:
Vee Bell is certain of one irrefutable truth—her sister’s friend Sophie didn’t kill herself. She was murdered. 

Vee knows this because she was there. Everyone believes Vee is narcoleptic, but she doesn’t actually fall asleep during these episodes: When she passes out, she slides into somebody else’s mind and experiences the world through that person’s eyes. She’s slid into her sister as she cheated on a math test, into a teacher sneaking a drink before class. She learned the worst about a supposed “friend” when she slid into her during a school dance. But nothing could have prepared Vee for what happens one October night when she slides into the mind of someone holding a bloody knife, standing over Sophie’s slashed body. 

Vee desperately wishes she could share her secret, but who would believe her? It sounds so crazy that she can’t bring herself to tell her best friend, Rollins, let alone the police. Even if she could confide in Rollins, he has been acting off lately, more distant, especially now that she’s been spending more time with Zane. 

Enmeshed in a terrifying web of secrets, lies, and danger and with no one to turn to, Vee must find a way to unmask the killer before he or she strikes again.
Sliding into another person's mind...such a great idea. 
Plus, it's a mystery, which is always a bonus! ;)

What are you waiting this week?


Signature

20 comments:

  1. Hi there lea, Im a new follower,
    and this book you picked seems interesting. id love to add this on my list. thanks

    care to follow and check out my wow?

    LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a good mystery and this one has a totally awesome twist with the sliding into others' minds! *sigh* another one for the wishlist! Great pick.
    Mary @ Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this one. It's the first time I'm hearing of it. I love the premise....great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sliding in to someone's mind. Wow. That could lead to some nasty observations. Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, it sounds soooo good! Adding it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely cover. Haven't heard of this one yet. =DDD

    Check out my WOW:Here
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the "sliding" concept, too! Plus, that cover is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not heard of this one but I can't wait to read it!! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, I hadn't heard of this one before. It sounds really good! I'll have to add it to my list.

    My WoW: http://astorytolove.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-unbecoming-of-mara.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this book before, but it sounds pretty good! Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    Rumana @ Relook the Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, sounds pretty awesome! There aren't enough YA mysteries around, always glad to see another!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that sounds SO GOOD! Plus the cover! I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Pick! Sounds like this is going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes I crave a really good mystery and this looks like it'd fit that bill totally. Great WoW! :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Check out my WoW!
    Tweet Me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. New follower, stopping by from Pawing Through Books. Sounds like a good read! Here is my WoW: Pawing Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, how I adore this cover and premise! Both are fantastic! Great choice, Lea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pick. Looking forward to this one too!
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-29.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover. It's on my wish list and I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really looking forward to this one as well. The premise sounds unique and promising and the cover is stunning!

    ReplyDelete