Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (Times Two!)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Under the Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Release: February 7th, 2012
Summary:
Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland—nicknamed The Death Shop—are slim. If the cannibals don’t get her, the violent, electrified energy storms eventually will. In this dystopia, even the very air she breathes could kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He’s wild, dangerous—a savage. He’s also her only hope. 

Perry needs Aria, too. She alone holds the key to his redemption. And their unlikely alliance will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky....Read more at Goodreads.
Love the sound of this! The cover is awesome, especially the font.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns
Author: Rae Carson
Release: September 20th, 2011
Summary:
Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness. 

Elisa is the chosen one. 

But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can’t see how she ever will. 

Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess. 

And he’s not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people’s savior....read more at Goodreads
This one intrigues me as well - and it's on Netgalley (yay!) 

What are you waiting on?


Signature



PS: Sorry for no posts yesterday and Monday - I'm having some issues with my scheduled posts (some of the scheduled ones keep disappearing...which is a bit of a problem!)

22 comments:

  1. I'm waiting on these ones too! I've heard amazing things about The Girl of Fire and Thorns, especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I'm so excited for both of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of these novels sound great! Under The Never Sky looks like another great dystopian novel and as for The Girl of Fire and Thorns, it's nice to see how the girl is a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really liking the new cover for The Girl of Fire and Thorns but I guess its what's inside the pages that count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns! Thank you Netgalley! :) The other book sounds good too and it's been in my wishlist since I saw the cover.

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving both of these covers. Under the Never Sky sounds really good. I love that it's a dystopia novel. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these sound good, especially The Girl of Fire and Thorns. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, these are some great WoW's, seriously. I'm dying to read and cannot wait for Under the Never Sky and I'm atually reading The Girl of Fire and Thorns. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    Check Out My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally lusting after Under the Never Sky! It sounds (and looks!) AMAZING. I've heard great things about The Girl of Fire and Thorns, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm eager for Girl of Fire and Thorns too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That top one is new to me - just added it! Thanks! Fantastic cover!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These ones look fantastic! I'm eagerly awaiting them as well :) Good choice on these two! Now I'm just hoping they follow through...

    http://everafteresther.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-720.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, Under the Never Sky does sound amazing! I've been loving dystopian books lately so hopefully it will continue the trend. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Under the Never Sky looks amazing, I'm in love with that cover:) And I just finished the Girl of Fire and Thorns and really enjoyed that one, can't wait to see what you think Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm reading The Girl of Fire and Thorns now and Never Sky looks really good! Awesome picks!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had Under the Never Sky as my WoW last week, sounds really good. Doesn't it?







    My WoW.

    Mary (mfay2) @ Anxirium

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Under the Never Sky was my last WOW post! It sounds amazing.
    Here is my WOW:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html
    Happy Reading :}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really looking forward to both of those. Some great picks!
    Mary @ Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have The Girl of Fire and Thorns and I cannot wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh, both of those sound really good! I'm always looking for new YA lit to check out, so I'll have to put those on my radar. I thought you might like my WoW, which is a book by a new author that I'm working with: (S)Mythology by Jeremy Tarr. It's a modern day fairy tale that is wry and whimsical, and tackles life...death...and the Underworld. The book is super cute and has illustrations by artist Katy Smail, which really bring the main character Sophie to life.

    You can read the first three chapters and check out the illustrations at www.smythology.co.uk or check out the book on Amazon here: http://amzn.to/Shardcover.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete