Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (Times Two!)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
Release: March 2012
Summary:
Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free. 

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again. 
Anything that's written by Lauren Oliver automatically captures my interest because I adore her books. I'm so very curious to see where Lena's story goes in this one...especially after how Delirium ended! 
*** 

When the Sea is Rising Red by Cat Hellisen
Release: February 2012
A girl fakes her own suicide to escape from the strict confines of her aristocratic family and a likely arranged marriage, only to be confronted with the harsh realities of living in the slums with the working class and the ultimate discovery that the boy she’s fallen in love with is plotting a rebellion to destroy her family. 


What are you waiting on?


Signature


26 comments:

  1. Oh, yes..I need to know what happened to Alex too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Delirium yet but dang When the Sea is Rising Red sounds AMAZING. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- the second book sounds heavy! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the ending to Delirium was something! Great Pick!

    WTSIRR sounds interesting - I have to add that to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Delirium yet, but love the cover for Pandemonium, it goes with the second Delirium cover. I am loving the second book! The summary is interesting and the cover is something else ^^

    I am waiting on The Hollow, a dystopian with another kick ass cover!

    http://bloodybookaholic.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-guys.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for Pandemonium is gorgeous! I NEED to read the first book soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delirium is on my to-be-read list, and so I'm sure I'll be eagerly anticipating Pandemonium as soon as I do. And I'd never heard of When The Sea is Rising Red, but now that you've made me aware of it, I definitely am looking forward to it!
    Great picks!! Now following you!
    Courtney
    Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to read Delerium for a while now. So many other books have just been taking its place.
    I must agree with everyone though, I'm not such a fan of the cover for the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i absolutely loved delirium and i'm really excited about pandemonium. but on the summary it says "[lena] may be falling in love again." with alex still in portland... gah! i hope it's not a new guy. i really want alex and lena to be together.

    great WoW picks! your other one sounds interesting too.

    Please stop by my WoW this week .

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices! I can not wait for Pandemonium, I loved Delirium. I didn't even know the cover was released already for Pandemonium. When the Sea is Rising Red sounds really interesting, I am going to have to add that one to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. When the Sea is Rising Red sounds amazing! This is the first time I've heard of it! I'm also so excited for Pandemonium! It's going to be amazing :) Come see what I'm waiting on:

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love the cover of Pandemonium. I can't wait to read it. I really enjoyed Delirium and have high hopes for it. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great picks! I'm really liking the new covers for Delirium and Pandemonium.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good picks! They went way different on the Pandemonium cover compared to Delirium. Wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to read Pandemonium! When the Sea is Rising Red looks really good! Will have to add it to reading pile! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of The Sea Is Rising Red, but it looks awesome. Great pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooooooooo these both look stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hadn't heard of When the Sea is Rising Red. Both are great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Squeal! I just found out about Pandemonium yesterday and spazed! I am in love (funny) with Delirium and was so excited about the second one. Great picks!
    Here is my WOW:
    http://literaryjunkie11.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html
    Happy Reading,
    Sonny @ Literary Junkie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Can't wait for Pandemonium! And this is the first I have heard of When The Sea is Rising Red but it sounds fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Can't wait for both of them! They are already on my wish list :)

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  22. When the Sea is Rising Red looks really good. I love when books seem different than the rest that are already out there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. When the Sea is Rising Red looks sooooo good! I hadn't heard of it before now!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i hadn't heard of the second book, i'm going to look it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm really looking forward to both of these as well, especially Pandemonium because I'm dying to know what will occur next, and given Lauren Oliver's past books, I'm sure it will be just as amazing- if not better! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The cover for PANDEMODIUM is absolutely breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete