Thursday, February 14, 2013

COVERS: Star-Swept Seas, Dream Thieves, and Tandem

I'm pretty much obsessed with book covers (especially reveals!), and these past couple weeks haven't disappointed with the reveals of so many new covers. Check out some below:

         ACROSS A STAR-SWEPT SEA                            THE DREAM THIEVES                      
Like the first cover, and love the Stiefvater cover!! 

INFINITYGLASS                                                 TANDEM
That red pops! And I adore the cover for TANDEM! So simple yet intriguing. 

INHERITANCE                                                        ICONS
 
INHERITANCE looks okay (nice, but not eye-catching). ICONS is fascinating. 

          SNAKEROOT                                       THE DISENCHANTMENTS
 
I hate SNAKEROOT's cover. I adore the new one for LaCour's novel - it fits the story perfectly!

(Image from USA TODAY)
I have mixed thoughts (it looks great, but am I the only one who thinks Hagrid's head looks unnaturally small for his body? He just doesn't quite look right...I love all the details, though). I'm curious if the font will actually be white, or if they're using some sort of foil....

What new covers have you spotted? 

Signature

18 comments:

  1. Sooo many lovely books and the covers??!?! Amazing!!!! I especially love Tandem and Dream Thives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year is going to be filled with so many lovely covers! I agree, I adore TANDEM and DREAM THIEVES covers :)

      Delete
  2. Oh VERY COOL new cover for Icons. I was not a fan of the ARC cover. Not sure about the Infinityglass cover. It kind of freaks me out and makes me think of a person who is all contorted and possessed. Creepy. :D LOVE the Star Swept Sea cover. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved For Darkness Shows the Stars and can't wait to read Across a Star-Swept Sea. Especially as it is a retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel! I love the cover! I also like the new cover for the Harry Potter paperback. I kind of prefer it to the original. I really didn't like the HP covers until book 5.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the details in the new HP cover. I'm so curious to see the other new covers for the rest of the serious!

      Delete
  4. I love all of these covers, especially Across a Star Swept Sea. I love the new Harry Potter cover, but you are right- Hagrid's head looks a little disproportionate. I am not a fan of Snakeroot either. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought I was the only one who thought Hagrid's head looked odd with his body!

      ACROSS A STAR-SWEPT SEA is definitely pretty!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, all of these covers are gorgeous. <3 Thank you for sharing :D Really love the new Harry Potter one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Infinityglass sorta makes me smile. That poor girl keeps getting tossed around. ;)

    I do LOVE the first cover. So gorgeous. And doesn't the chick look a little like Penny from Big Bang Theory?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know, that girl just gets thrown all over the place with each new cover.

      You're right! The girl on the 1st cover does look a lot like her!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It's nice, isn't it? I'm excited to see the rest of the new ones when they reveal them!

      Delete
  8. The books you posted are amazing. Awesome book covers. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The new cover for THE DISENCHANTMENTS is perfect. If I hadn't had the hardcover copy of the book I would buy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it perfect?? I agree too. If I didn't already have an autographed + personalized hardcover, I would have donated it and gotten the paperback instead. It represents the novel + characters perfectly!

      Delete