Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (100): CONTROL + RUSH


Lydia Kang
December 26th, 2013

"After the violent death of her father, 17 year-old Zelia loses her younger sister, Dylia, during an abduction at a foster care agency. It turns out her sister Dylia isn’t just pretty and sweet – she’s illegal. In the year 2150, DNA must be pure by law, and anyone with enhanced genes face death. Zelia’s only allies are the freak-show inhabitants of her new, underground foster home. Along with the unexpected love of a very strange boy, she will need her flaws and their illicit traits to save the only family she has left."
I know I featured this a few weeks ago, but I couldn't resist featuring it again once it received that awesome new cover (plus a longer summary)! This book sounds like it's going to rock. 

June 11th, 2013
"So what’s the game now? This, or the life I used to know?

When Miki Jones is pulled from her life, pulled through time and space into some kind of game—her carefully controlled life spirals into chaos. In the game, she and a team of other teens are sent on missions to eliminate the Drau, terrifying and beautiful alien creatures. There are no practice runs, no training, and no way out. Miki has only the guidance of secretive but maddeningly attractive team leader Jackson Tate, who says the game isn’t really a game, that what Miki and her new teammates do now determines their survival, and the survival of every other person on this planet. She laughs. He doesn’t. And then the game takes a deadly and terrifying turn."
Love the sound of this book! Is it June, yet?

What novels are you waiting on?

Signature

11 comments:

  1. Oh I love the cover of Rush!!!!! So excited for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... They sound amazing! I am definitely going to feature them in my own WOW post eventually! Thank you so much for refeaturing Control! It sounds amazing!!

    My WOW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to see more YA science fiction being published after the overwhelming amount of paranormal romance and dystopia we've had. Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read both of these. I just picked up a copy of Rush and I hope to get the chance to read it soon. As for Control, I love the cover. Great WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely looking forward to Rush as well. Love the cover of both books! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Can't wait for Lydia's book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check Out This Site

    My blog seo for lawyers
    Here is my blog post ... lawyer leads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow-two intense reads! Also love how these covers coordinate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Squee! They look AWESOME!! I'm super excited for them now!! :D
    Check out my WoW here!!
    Thank you for showing me these awesome books! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really cannot wait for Control! The author friended me on Goodreads and that led me to actually looking more into the book and also her background and OMG she's a doctor AND a mother AND managed to write a book. As far as I'm concerned, she's awesome just for that, and I've been really craving more sci-fi novels ever since SHADES OF EARTH.

    ReplyDelete