Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (times two!) (77)

WOW is hosted by Breaking the Spine
Falling Kingdoms
Morgan Rhodes
December 11th, 2012
Sixteen-year-old Cleo has grown up in luxury, the royal heiress to a prosperous kingdom. But beneath her nation’s seemingly peaceful surface lies dangerous unrest. Whispers of war are growing ever louder—intensified by a murderous incident for which Cleo’s betrothed, Aron, is accused. 

Amidst the ongoing intrigue, Cleo has a more desperate mission. She defies her father’s orders and sets off on a secret and perilous journey into a neighboring country, seeking a magic long thought to be mythical. If it’s real, it could be the cure that heals her ailing sister. If it’s only legend, Cleo will be stranded in a kingdom that has just declared war on her own.
I really like the sound of this one. Magic, lies...very exciting!

The Kill Order 
James Dashner
August 14th, 2012
Before WICKED was formed, before the Glade was built, before Thomas entered the Maze, sun flares seared the earth and mankind fell to disease. "The Kill Order" tells the story of that fall.
I still need to catch up on this series because The Maze Runner was incredible. I'm sure this prequel will be just as great, too! 


What are you waiting on?

Signature

Image + Summary from Goodreads

16 comments:

  1. Falling Kingdoms looks awesome!!!! I really hope it is as good as the premise :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for Falling Kingdoms! Just, yes! I should get on the Maze Runner series someday, it's been recommended so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Falling Kingdoms reminds me of something Maria Snyder would write. I'll have to add it to my TBR list too. Great pick! Thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover for Falling Kingdoms !! I didn't know there was prequel of the Maze Runner series coming out .. I really have to pick up a copy of the first book !! Great picks Lea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVED the Maze Runner, but was not thrilled with the rest of the series. I am hoping The Kill Order is better! It was my WoW a bit ago, too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely looking forward to Falling Kingdoms too Lea (though the December release date is rough - so far away)! I haven't read any of James Dashner's books, but clearly they're pretty amazing so I need to get on that:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea that there was going to be a prequel to Maze Runner- I LOVED that book, but never finished the series, b/c my students keep signing out the books! :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeek The Kill Order! So looking forward to that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love fantasy and love 'overcoming the odds,' so Falling Kingdoms sounds like it'll be right up my alley. Great picks!

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read The Maze Runner yet--I need to get on that! Great picks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I will have to add Falling Kingdoms to my list. It sounds wonderful!

    Here's my WOW, if you're interested: http://oneadayya.blogspot.ca/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. i haven't read any of dashner's books yet, they all sound great though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Falling Kingdoms was my pick last week and yes it does sound exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Falling Kingdoms sounds great! I'll add it to my wishlist :D

    ReplyDelete