Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Queen's Library

Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie's This Week In BooksThe Story Siren's In My Mailbox, and perhaps even Mailbox Monday. This is my simplistic version to feature books I add to my bookshelves and a place to post my weekly recommendations. 

This change is partially in response to the circumstances surrounding The Story Siren's website. I wish her the best, but I've decided I currently feel uncomfortable participating in her features due to these recent events. 

However, I still want to feature my books so they get some exposure in case I do not review them. So, I've created The Queen's Library, since that title seemed to suit my blog nicely. This is not a new meme. This is a way for me to post the books & bookish goodies I buy, borrow, and receive, as well as a way to post my weekly recommended pick. I had a few readers that read my blog via email (also Google Reader and et cetera) that have asked for me to incorporate my weekly recommendation into my posts (since I've only posted it on my sidebar, which is not visible for those who do not click over and visit the website), so this is also in response to their request. 

The reason this post will remain up is to give credit to the people who inspired it and explain my reasoning for moving toward something that better suits my blog name and needs.  


4 comments:

  1. Loving the name too! And I must agree with The Story Siren's meme too and I should adapt to a new meme soon. I might just choose this new one which sounds lovely :)

    ReplyDelete