Hosted by (and above image from) The Broke and the Bookish
1. SUMMER trilogy by Jenny Han (A, B, F, G, H, I)
2. THE TRUTH ABOUT FOREVER by Sarah Dessen (A, B, E, F**, G, H, I)
3. TWENTY BOY SUMMER by Sarah Ockler (A, B, E, F, G, H, I)
4. THE LAST SONG by Nicholas Sparks (A, B, E, F, G, H, I)
5. MEDIATOR series by Meg Cabot (A, D, E*, F*, G, H, I)
6. PRIVATE series by Kate Brian (A, B, F, G, H, I*)
7. FINNIKIN OF THE ROCK by Melina Marchetta (C, D, E, F, H, I*)
8. SIEGE AND STORM by Leigh Bardugo (B, C, D, E, F*, G, H, I*)
9. BITTERBLUE by Kristin Cashore (B, D, E, F, G, H, I*)
10. HARRY POTTER series by JK Rowling (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I* = PERFECTION)
Lea's Beach Read Requirements
(A) Takes place during summer (in at least one book, if series)
(B) Has light or serious drama
(C) Super epic journey
(D) Magic or supernatural element
(E) Awesome main characters, * if they're sassy
(F) Swoonworthy romance, * if I adore them
(G) Involves water (even if it's only vaguely)
(H) Family / friends are present
(I) Secrets! * if there are many secrets.
Yes, I've got a whole system (in my mind, so it's a bit weird to see it written down) when it comes to what qualifies as a beach read. And yes, I'm a strange, bookish person.
What's your favorite beach read?