Friday, August 3, 2012

Let's Talk: Favorite Book Quotes

Let's Talk is a discussion feature at I Swim For Oceans, where bloggers can share their thoughts and discuss various topics. 

What are some of your all-time favorite book quotes?

I love quotes (I'm one of those weird people who constantly quotes movies and TV shows in daily conversation). But, when it comes to quotes, bookish quotes have always been the ones that linger in the back of my mind. These ones are some of my favorites: 

"Don't think or judge, just listen." 
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

"Some things aren't meant to be known. Only believed." 
The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

"So many things become beautiful when you really look.
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

"Wishes are false. Hope is true. Hope makes its own magic." 

"Everyone is alseep. They've been asleep for years.
You seemeed...awake.
"
 Delirium by Lauren Oliver

"Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting
something does not make it real.
"
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

"It's weird when someone gets you, understands what you
would never say, not even to yourself.
Split by Swati Avasthi


Signature

Image from I Swim for Oceans


8 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with quotes. My favorite books are filled with post-it notes so I can just pick it up off the self and turn right to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's smart. I usually save quotes on Goodreads or memorize them, but I like the idea of being able to go back to a book and finding my favorite sections :)

      Delete
  2. I really like this one: “True love includes equal parts good and bad, but true love sticks around and doesn’t run off to Vegas with a podiatrist.” It's from "Please Ignore Vera Dietz."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome quote! Sounds like a thoughtful and amusing story :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think that one might be my favorite out of all of them - it's so lovely, so true!

      Delete
  4. Oh, I just love that you have the Mara Dyer quote, too! I swear Michelle is a poetic genius :)))

    Thanks for linking up, Lea! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite quotes are from JANE EYRE and BLOODY JACK, which is funny as they're on two ends of the writing spectrum, haha.

    Bloody Jack: "A girl what's born for hangin' ain't likely to be drowned."
    Jane Eyre: "I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human-being with an independent will."

    ReplyDelete