Waterfall Wednesdays, a read-along of Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren, is hosted by Tina, Joy & Serena, Nic, Jenny, and Missie. Join in on the discussion at anytime + you can win prizes! Click HERE for more info and to sign up.
1. After Gabi is injured, the doctor gives her a tonic. Gabi questions the doctor several times what is in it but he refuses to tell. Would have you taken the tonic in Gabi situation?
Hell no. No freaking way. I’d wait it out, travel forward through time, and then go see my doctor, because my doctor rocks.
2. Before the games Gabi asks Lia to let Lord Forabosch win in the archery event as people especially Lord Forabosch are becoming suspicious of them. But during the games Lord Forabosch upsets Lia trying to throw her off her game. So Lia decides to win. Do you think she did the right thing by not letting Lord Forabosch bully her or do you think she took an unnecessary risk?
It might have been better if she threw the game, but I can’t blame Lia for showing what she’s capable of. She’s a teen, of course she’s going to give it her all after some gloating jerk taunts her.
3. When Gabi is dying and she and Lia decide to return to the tombs so they can get the cure at home but they have to tell Marcello the truth. Even though Marcello thinks that it is madness that they are from the future he believes in Gabi because he loves her. Do you think this is believable? What would you have done if you were Marcello?
I honestly would probably think the person was crazy if I were Marcello. But hey, if they are dying, I care about them, and they want to go to some tomb in order to time travel, what’ve you got to lose? I’d say it’s definitely believable that Marcello just goes with it, thinking from that perspective.
4. In the end Gabi and Lia return home. Do you think Gabi will return to Marcello? Would you go back?
Considering that there are two more books, I’d say it is a given that Gabi travels back in time again. She's too into Marcello not to come back. I don’t know if I’d travel back, (especially after getting stabbed) but if some romantic, chivalrous guy was waiting for me…who knows? ;)
5. Looking back at Waterfall what was your favorite moment?
Any scene with Luca was a favorite of mine (Fortino was pretty amusing at times too)...and the action scenes were pretty great! :)
Oh, no! The Read-Along's over! This was such fun though....Many thanks to everyone who put this whole read-along together!