For more information on how to participate in Top Ten Tuesday and this week's topic, visit The Broke and Bookish for details!
Top Ten Books I Feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me
1. The Book Thiefby Markus Zusak - I can already see some of you giving me that look because I've never read this one. I own it, but I haven't quite gotten past 20 pages in...
2. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - I meant to get this one so many times, but it was never in at my library whenever I looked. I always feel so weird for not having read it when so many other people have.
3.The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan - It looks like such fun, and it's got mythology (I love mythology), but I still haven't ever picked up a copy.
4. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles - It's pretty much a given that someone will recommend this to me at least once a month. Honestly, it sounds utterly cliché to me, but I guess it's still pretty popular?
5. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead - Okay, so maybe everyone hasn't read this yet, but it sure feels like it. I keep seeing so many mixed reviews, they're making me nervous to buy a copy of the book!
6. The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger - The year I would have read this back in high school was also the year I took an Honors version of English, so I ended up reading other books for that class. *hides under rock*
7. Clockwork Angel/ CoG / CoFA by Cassandra Clare - Okay, this is more than one book, but let's just pretend that they're all only one. Usually, I'm pretty good with sequels and series. But for some reason, I haven't finished the Mortal instruments books, let alone gotten past pg. 50 in Clare's newest series....Maybe I just need to do a full reread of every book, and then I'll be inspired to finally catch up?
8. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen - I vaguely remember trying to read this one, but then I just watched the Keira Knightly movie instead ;)
9. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly - Raving reviews are everywhere for this book. Everywhere. Why haven't I read this one???
10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - This book isn't even released yet and I already feel like everyone else has read it. And loved it. And loved some dude named Noah. So much so, I keep reading fangirly raves about him. Apparently, this book (and Noah) cannot be missed....