Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (154): THE WINNER'S CRIME


WOW is hosted by Breaking the Spine

THE WINNER'S CRIME by Marie Rutkoski
March 3rd, 2015 from Farrar Straus and Giroux

Book two of the dazzling Winner's Trilogy is a fight to the death as Kestrel risks betrayal of country for love.

The engagement of Lady Kestrel to Valoria’s crown prince means one celebration after another. But to Kestrel it means living in a cage of her own making. As the wedding approaches, she aches to tell Arin the truth about her engagement…if she could only trust him. Yet can she even trust herself? For—unknown to Arin—Kestrel is becoming a skilled practitioner of deceit: an anonymous spy passing information to Herran, and close to uncovering a shocking secret.

As Arin enlists dangerous allies in the struggle to keep his country’s freedom, he can’t fight the suspicion that Kestrel knows more than she shows. In the end, it might not be a dagger in the dark that cuts him open, but the truth. And when that happens, Kestrel and Arin learn just how much their crimes will cost them.

SO EXCITED!!! I loved The Winner's Curse, and I can't wait to see what happens next with these characters. The cover is stunning, and I love that dagger "i" - it looks amazing. 

What are you waiting on?


16 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this one either! I thought The Winner's Curse was fantastic and hopefully this sequel won't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cover is pretty fantastic! I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series. Great pick, Lea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read The Winners Curse yet! It's on my list but I just haven't gotten to it! It's now on the top of my list!
    Thanks for sharing your excitement, it rubbed off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me TOO! Hope you get a chance to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY :D Best pick. <3 Oh, how I want this book. Sniffs. DYING to read more about Kestrel and Arin :D Though I am worried. Hmph. Hope you will love it sweetie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooh, I still have to read book 1 first, but that is a GORGEOUS cover! Wowza. Excellent pick!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read book 1 in this series, but I've got it on my TBR list. Hopefully one day I'll get around to it! Have a great week!

    WOW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  8. HECK YEAH I'M WAITING FOR THIS ONE. I had high hopes for the first book and it blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read "The Winner's Curse"!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krestel is always interacting with the title! In Winner Curse she was holding the R, now her dagger is the I.

    Love this series so far! :)

    Amber Elise @Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the first one so much, I can't wait for it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember book 1 now, stunning cover, I meant to read that one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't even read book one of this series and I'm waiting for this one too - I mean, that COVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am SO excited about this one too. Love how the first cover was so frilly and this one is so strong and bold. Can't wait to read it!
    Thanks so much for stopping by! Jen @ YA Romantics

    ReplyDelete