Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (96)

WoW is hosted by Breaking the Spine

August 15th 2013 (Dial)

"Violet’s grandmother had warned her about the Devil, had talked about him often, as though he were a best friend, or an old lover. But she never told Violet that the Devil could be real. She never told Violet that the Devil could be a dark-haired boy in vintage clothes who takes naps in the sun and likes old movies and vigilante justice.

River West is the seventeen-year old stranger renting the guesthouse behind the rotting mansion on the sea, where Violet lives. And as eerie things start happening in Violet’s town, she begins to wonder about the boy living in her backyard. Is River just a crooked-smiling, coffee-loving liar with rascally eyes and a mysterious past? Or could he be something else? Something...evil?

Violet’s already so knee-deep in love she can’t see straight.

And that’s just how River likes it."

August 2013? That is way too far away.

*sighs*

I'm intrigued by the summary (I hope there's not going to be instalove, but it sounds like there might be), and I really like the cover. Usually huge font drives me crazy, but this cover works for me. It's very eerie and dramatic. 

What are you waiting on? 


Signature

17 comments:

  1. WOW. I think I found a new favorite cover. That is so cool.

    Story sounds great, too! :) This is definitely going on my wishlist for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh this sounds epic!!!!!!!! But August 2013 - sooooo damn long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the spooky cover and hopefully the story will be excellent too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about the cover- spooky and striking. I ALSO don't want there to be full blown love in 30 pages...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- this one sounds awesome and the cover is incredible. I'll be adding it to my TBR list. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Wow. The summary and cover sound very alluring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dang, this looks awesome! I actually love the large font, and that title is perfect... and the summary a little chilling and a lot intriguing. Can't wait to get my hands on this one! Great pick.

    If you'd like, you can check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Between the cover, the title, and the synopsis, I'm hooked! I hadn't even heard of this one, so thanks for the heads up! :)

    Our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This book looks awesome! I completely agree with you!

    I'm a new follower... I love your blog.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything about this book sounds so intriguing. The gothic description, the beautiful cover. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, love how eerie this book sounds! Seems like an entertaining dark romance that I will most def check out. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Nikki (Imaginative Adventure)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has been a pretty popular pick lately! I'm still not sure that I will read it but thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the cover and the summary sounds really good! Great pick!
    Check out mine here

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds incredible and is one of the most intriguing synopses I have read in a while. Great choice! Here is my WoW.

    Vyki @ On The Shelf
    Check out my new meme Cover Crush!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Like everyone else, I love the cover for this-it's so cool to see how the intricate font dominates!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cover: check. Drool-worthy synopsis: check. Do I want it? YES!

    AWESOME WoW pick!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE this cover soo much, too! I agree, it would normally annoy me, but the font really works for this cover.

    ReplyDelete