For more information on how to participate in Top Ten Tuesday and this week's topic, visit The Broke and the Bookish for details!
My Top Ten Childhood Favorites
1. Ella Enchantedby Gail Carson Levine - Prince Char! *swoons* The movie did not do this book any justice whatsoever. This book is absolutely amazing, and still a fun story to curl up with and read.
2. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein - Wasn't this book the best? I mean, seriously. How could you not love that tree? Such a cute story.
3. Charlotte's Web by E.B. White - I've never been a fan of spiders, but I've always made an exception for Charlotte ;)
4. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell - I loved this book so much as a kid, mostly because I was very fascinated by other cultures and I secretly really, really wanted a wolf as a pet. Despite the fact that they are, you know, dangerous. I kind of still want a wolf. Darn this book!
5. Nancy Drewby Carolyn Keene - I think Nancy Drew was the beginning of my love for mysteries.
6. The Giver by Lois Lowery - This book is still a favorite of mine - very great story that's worth a read.
7. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card - It's Ender's Game. No explanation necessary.
8. Holes by Louis Sachar - Still adore this one. Such a different plot, and it has wonderful characters. Love Zero & Stanley!
9. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - I feel so bad for not remembering what this one is about, because I read this book about a million or so times when I was young. It was my favorite book for years....it has time travel, right? *hangs head in shame* *puts on TBR list*
10. The Littlest Mermaid by Wendy Cheyette Lewison - Cartoon drawings + mermaids + jewel stickers + oceans + fun = awesomeness.