Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish!
Top Ten Favorite YA Contemporary Novels
1. The Truth About Forever: My favorite Dessen book! READ IT.
2. The Fault in our Stars: This book. So much more than I expected.
3. Jellicoe Road: Have tissues handy. Trust me.
4. The Book of Broken Hearts: Beautiful story about family and first loves.
5. Everybody Sees the Ants: A stark portrayal of bullying, coming of age, and family.
6. Just One Day: Romantic and plenty of traveling!
7. Wanderlove: Very fun, and the artwork is fabulous.
8. The Sky Is Everywhere: This is a touching story about falling in love and family.
9. Speak: An emotional read.
10. Before I Fall: A bit outside of contemporary, but still amazing.
Bonus!! Two More Excellent Stories
We Were Liars (a very surprising and wonderfully written novel) and Split (gripping, emotional, and uncomfortable, this book is an important story).
What's your favorite YA contemporary novel?