Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (times two)

WOW is hosted by Jill of Breaking the Spine

Book: Bitter End
Author: Jennifer Brown
Release: May 10th, 2011
When Alex falls for the charming new boy at school, Cole, a handsome, funny, sports star who adores her, she can't believe she's finally found her soul mate-someone who truly understands her and loves her for who she really is.

At first, Alex is blissfully happy. Sure, Cole seems a little jealous of her relationship with her best friends, Zack and Bethany, but what guy would want his girlfriend spending all of her time with another boy? But as the months pass, Alex can no longer ignore Cole's small put-downs, pinches, or increasingly violent threats. As Alex struggles to come to terms with the sweet boyfriend she fell in love with and the boyfriend whose "love" she no longer recognizes, she is forced to choose - between her "true love" and herself.
I remember reading and enjoying Jennifer's previous novel, Hate List, so I'm looking forward to this one - sounds like an emotional read. 

Book: The Piper's Son
Author: Melina Marchetta
Release: March 8th, 2011
The award-winning author of Finnikin of the Rock and Jellicoe Road pens a raw, compelling novel about a family’s hard-won healing on the other side of trauma. 

Award-winning author Melina Marchetta reopens the story of the group of friends from her acclaimed novel Saving Francesca - but five years have passed, and now it’s Thomas Mackee who needs saving. After his favorite uncle was blown to bits on his way to work in a foreign city, Tom watched his family implode. He quit school and turned his back on his music and everyone that mattered, including the girl he can’t forget. Shooting for oblivion, he’s hit rock bottom, forced to live with his single, pregnant aunt, work at the Union pub with his former friends, and reckon with his grieving, alcoholic father. Tom’s in no shape to mend what’s broken. But what if no one else is either? An unflinching look at family, forgiveness, and the fierce inner workings of love and friendship, The Piper’s Son redefines what it means to go home again.
It's written by Melina Marchetta - need I say more? (and if you haven't read Jellicoe Road, you must!!)

What are you waiting on? 



13 comments:

  1. Great picks! As I LOVED Hate List, Bitter End is a must-read for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of either of these and both look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I haven't read Jellicoe Road yet, but I want to read it soon as I've heard so many good things about it as well as Marchetta. I will have to add this one to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Picks! I don't do WOW every week, I actually do another feature on WOW's off days. Anyway, I picked Bitter End for next week's. Already have it typed up and ready to post... and written down on my Book Shopping list, lol.

    Fab Post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I second everyone else. Great picks. Thanks for sharing.

    My WOW is a little different.

    Jessica @ Laugh Love Write

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just loving the sound of Bitter End, and I saw a great review of Piper's Son the other day. Both are awesome picks, Lea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I am looking forward to reading Bitter End!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both these sound great and can't wait for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that you picked two very different picks from the norm :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices! I love getting ideas for my TBR list.

    Reading Lark's WOW

    ReplyDelete
  11. AH!! This looks like a very cool read :) I'm your newest follower!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've yet to read Jellicoe Road! And these two sound so. good.

    ReplyDelete